Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Day I Kissed My Airbag.........

As I was ranting all the way about the lousy meeting I was made to attend.......I came across the 'End of Days' liked weather along the North-South Highway.......I was travelling from KL back to Penang to be with my feverish son....normal speed on the road (better not disclose)....bad bad weather ahead.....



* Poor visibility.....5pm......slippery road......and a very fast moving car....
.
.
.
.
.
Along a very straight stretch, with no apparent reason.....the front right tyre of my car started to sink a little.....and the next thing I know, I was spinning as thought I was riding the spinning teapot at a funfair....I held on tightly to the steering wheel...awaiting for the impact........BOOMMM......it rammed head on with the side concrete divider.......and that moment, I made out with my airbag......

The story didn't just end there....after the first hit...with the car still spinning......it went for the 2nd head on BANG......and then it halted....I got out of the car....make a count of my legs, hands and head.....saw blood on my arm, checked to make sure my Tag was okay....then...ran to the back of the car to take out the reflector and placed in several metres in front.....
.
.
.

* Accessing the damage there after.......




* Check out the awkward position of the car after the incident........ If someone is in distress or in serious need of help, here in BolehLand aka Malaysia, don't bother dialing 999...I waited for more than an hour after making 2 calls.....no one came.....




* To add salt to the wound of this tax payer, several police cars went by with non willing to stop and lend a hand....




* Towed my car to the nearest Honda Service centre....given an estimated cost of repair mounting over 20k.......




* Luckily I was left with only some light bruises and a sore neck.....




* My car will be in the workshop for the next 2 months.......No more pariah meetings outstation until I get my requirements sorted out with the management.......totally not worth it.....better not travel anymore if my requests are not met.....the logic is very simple now...if you need me outstation, these are my list of request, can't make it, get someone else to do it.....my well-being is way more important than any management meeting or any amount of payment......




* This day will go down in history as "The Day I Kissed My Airbag" aka 受傷的爸爸....... I would be known as one of them who managed to make out with their airbag and live to tell tales about it......Thanks for all the concern calls and well wishes through FB people......"Berhati-hati di Jalan raya....Sekali langgar, bantuan kecemasan semestinya paria"

9 comments:

meili said...

damn d malaysian police lor!i tot 999 very efficient..mana tau sama macam 'malaysia boleh' geh spirit!!

Pei Tze said...

luckily you're still intact...

wings said...

most importantly that you're okay. must thank the airbag for making out with ya too wayne.

BOGUS said...

hahahaha thanks guys....yea meili 999 is something good to have but it serves no purpose......PT, i'm very much intact hehehe......Wings,this is a make out session i'm not looking forward to...hahahaha

Michelle said...

Gosh..thank God you're safe!

Michelle said...

Gosh..thank God you're safe!

BOGUS said...

yea..thanks thanks...

alvin lee said...

great to see you alive. dad and husband of someone, becareful lar :)

BOGUS said...

thanks ar ciput...hahahaha blame the road......hehehe