Sunday, February 17, 2008

CNY Prayer & Valentine........

On the 9th night of the Lunar New Year, the Hokkiens will pray to the heavenly Gods which they believe saved them from a massacre many years before. From my years of participations in the event, I was told that the Hokkiens hid themselves in the sugarcane plantation at times when they were hunted by the army (don't ask me why were they hunted). So....when they got out unharmed on the 9th day of the Lunar New Year everything was back to normal (Don't ask me for details)......For a more precise version of the story, please refer to the INTERNET or a more reliable source.......

Being a hokkien myself, I attended the prayer almost every year at Grandma's..........



* Everyone was busy setting up the altar.......



* Cousins busy cam-whoring......most of us were too dumb to help out......

* Another cam-whore.........they're going to kill him if he drops it......


* Cam-whoring to the extreme.......don't worry bro......I'm sure no one will recognize you.....



* Poor chicken..............




* Poor duck...................




* Poor pig..................




* A group photo with the Sims................




* They'll burn some offerings to the Gods....highlight of the event......right after, makan time and bedtime.........


It was Valentine's Day the very same date this year. I told PW I will be bringing her to a party.....hehehe....got roasted chicken, roasted duck & roasted pig on the menu....romantic enough? hehehe.....
Everything has been commercialized for this money wasting day. If you plan to go out for a dinner with your girl, get ready to pay more. The prices for flowers were exaggerated..... chocolates really do kill.....for the price that you'll be paying.....stupid stupid commercialization........



* I did my part this year.....hahaha I am a hypocrite!!!! KNNCCB......



* After being a part of the stupidity joke of Valentine, I trimmed down my hair to save up some cash for the weeks to come......contra ma......hehehe......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

botak again ?

Kenny SMTT

BOGUS said...

yalar boss....hahaha...cut cost ma....no choice la...cari makan susah.....