Sunday, October 12, 2008

Surviving Bali.....~ Part1

Flew off to Bali a day after the wedding.....In order to control our budget, PW and I opted for a more affordable honeymoon....After being delayed TWICE by Air Asia before departure, we reached the resort island at around 10pm.

Tired, hungry and frustrated.....we headed to the nearest restaurant upon checking in.



* A hungry young lady anxiously awaiting her meal to be served.....




* Bintang Beer........my other companion throughout the trip.....




* Got up the next day.....walk around the hotel and headed to the infamous Kuta....(Please be warned that the hotel breakfast in Bali inedible)




* Memorial for the Bali blasts years ago.....1st blast in October 2002, 2nd blast in October 2005.....and I stood there on October 2008......




* Basically I summed up my shopping on the very first day of the trip.....JieJie insisted I should have got more of those......




* Sunshine boy burnt by the sun......the beach is similiar to the one in Penang just with larger waves...nothing special.....another victim to the travel brochures....




* After several hours strolling along Kuta, I took a nap at the lobby while awaiting my tour agent (PW) to arrange a chauffeur to drive me around town for the next 3 days.....(transport doesn't come cheap in Bali)




* First stop, Garuda something something........can't remember those lengthy names.




* My head was so hot, eventually you could cook an egg on it........




* Uluwatu.....I think the spelling is correct.....the view there is simply stunning....too bad for those damn monkeys....luckily didn't steal anything from me else I'll be having fried monkeys for dinner....




* If I were to pee from the top, do you think my urine will reach the sea before I'm done??? hhmmmmmm........




* Another Bintang by the sea......uhhhhhh..........




* PW said dining here is a MUST........food not too bad, price very very bad......




* While you're chewing away, the sun will set right in front of you.......haih...I told PW the sunset is the same in Seberang Jaya la.....hahahaha.....
.
.
To be continued..........

No comments: