Sunday, March 02, 2008

I Was in Jakarta......

(WARNING: This is one hell of a long post!!!)


At last, I AM BACK....after an exhausting 7-day stint in Jakarta I need to recharge. I was thinking about dividing this post to 2 different posts but think again, abit lazy......just got back yesterday night...just in time to witness ManU trashed Fulham.




* Glory Glory Man United..........




* Bought 2 shot glasses and an umbrella......I love the Red Devils.......





* Friendly people in the bar..........they offered to have a picture taken with me....just like a celebrity...a cheap one anyway.....


This post will be abit messy as I am still recuperating from the massive energy lost during the trip.....bear with me please.........





* Metal detector at the entrance of the hotel...seems to be normal for hotels or complexes around Indonesia after the Bali bombing......




* A place where I seeked refuge for the past 7 days.........




* We were taken to a local dining upon the completion of the project. On the left is David, my Indonesia counterpart......




* Nasi Liwet....David said only available in Jakarta......this one was seriously good, looking at the fact that most of the stuff I ate earlier was inedible.....yukz......





* Went around town with Nicus on the last day......lousy taxi driver took us for an uneventful ride around the park...KNNCCB.....dropping us at the back door to the park.





* The national monument was erected by DUNNO WHO.....for DUNNO WHAT.......I just saw the picture of the tower in the magnet I bought so I guessed it must be something worth seeing...




* Nicus and I, if anyone of you ever go on a trip with Nicus and you need your personal portrait taken, my advice would be PLEASE ASK A STRANGER to take it for you.....this guy seriously has a 3rd level, ready to die...Parkinson Disease.....he will put all Anti-shocked cameras to shame...





* Nothing special in the park......not worth going actually.....too bad no other landmark I could visit...limited really really limited.....




* The Presidential palace..........aka Indonesia's White House......





* Noticed I was standing so far away from the palace.....the palace guard was ready to shoot me with his riffle once I cross over......don't belive me? Next time you try.......





* Mobile toilet.....luckily I brought a rubberband for the trip....rather tie it really really hard than to experience a leak in the proposed truck.....





* Extremely mini petrol kiosk........wonder how much they charge for unleaded??




* Taken at ANCOL, Indonesia's version of Disney.....you will be grateful that we have Genting Highlands or Sunway Lagoon once you're here......it was not about the park, check out the loo, see any flush???




* On a nutshell, I would say that the majority people in Jakarta are friendly (if you don't mind the staring).....not too bad if you wanna work here.....but if you ever come here for your honeymoon, you'll be attending your divorce right after the honeymoon. Great city but bad for holiday goers......
.
.
.
.
Total Expenses = 3.8 Million Rupiah
Work Experience = 8/10
Holiday Experience = 1/10
* PW said wanna go Thailand in 2 weeks time....DAMN.....will declare bankrupcy if the Thailand trip is confirmed.......jialat liao...

1 comment:

Bali Hotel said...

How wonderful your holiday either with friends or family. Being in Bali might be every travelers dream. Your travel experience and reviews will help others. Find more information on Bali hotels, special offers and travel necessities.