Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Diary of a Rocker........

When Papa gave me my very first guitar 10 years ago, I had no idea what to do with it until I was enrolled into Yamaha School for 2 torturing years. I was begging Papa to stop those classes for at then I was no longer interested in learning those classical junks from Yamaha. 2 years later, I saw William doing some tricks on a guitar and I was fired up once again. Asked Papa to get me a private tutor. He did. Another 2 years..........at last, I could afford to dream of being a rockstar one day.......

Playing in a band is every guy's dream (unless if you were a geek then.....).....but I had my time when I was 16. My very first band was formed out of an accident where we were told to perform in a school function. Ryan took the sticks, William took the lead, Shamir took the bass and I being the weakest at that time took the rhythm. Ryan being a perfectionist at that time forced us to repeat that one song over and over and over again.......played that freaking song for more than a hundred times....I kid you not....ask that dude if you ever meet him..... "Don't drink and drive, Just smoke and fly - William Lim 2000)




* From the left: William, bogus9394, Ryan and Shamir......Our first and very last performance together........




A year later, Bobby aka HaiChew came into the picture out of nowhere. He was so into druming at that time he uses empty cans as his first drum. All he could afford at that time were those drum sticks.....so we formed a band of our own with HaiShui taking up the rhythm. Being left with no choice I was forced to take the lead and sometimes the bass. Life was not easy then....we had to pay RM24 an hour just to use the equipments in the music studio. Out of a miracle, Bobby's dad bought him a drumset. That was when the real band comes into the picture. Suprisingly the very first song we were playing was the exact song that Ryan made me play over and over and over again..........This time we made it big....from school's functions right up to the wine bar of a club......Those were the days.....no more school, no more books, no more teacher's dirty looks.




*From the left, HaiShue, bogus9394, Bobby, Loon, HaiFoo....



Today, I no longer have the rush of being a rockstar anymore. A person could be so rich, he losses all sense for humanity. That is what I wanna be.......



*** Question of the day***
***What was the song????

4 comments:

hart_khor said...

yes, i wan to be that guy too...a guy who is so rich that if i give away 5 billion, i still have 20 billion...a man can dream

BOGUS said...

hahaha but to give away 5 billion i think abit impossible....hahahaha

Michael Seou said...

Give me Give ME....

BOGUS said...

HAHAHA fatt...u no need la...u becoming ur own boss liao....i gv u 50cents enough liao next time....